Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Teaching First Grade


I probably won't blog much about teaching (my actual job), because this blog is suppose to be fun, a hobby, something I WANT to do! Teaching is great job and all, but work is work, and nothing is as fun when you HAVE to do it.
(I have a secret life plan to make teaching less work and more fun, but more on that in the future).

Anyway, I made some charts this week that I thought came out pretty good (or are good ideas at least) and since I found some of the ideas online, I thought other online people might want to see mine too.

The first one is for transition (or sequence) words for writing:

Transition Words for Writing



My kids really liked the visual of the traffic light for this one. I think it will definitely help them to write in sequence more, and explain the sequence of events more clearly.




The second is for adding dialogue to their writing:

Before
After

A very tricky topic for a lot of my students (ELLs and non-ELLs alike) --> I have 17 ELLs (English language learners) in my class of 26. The first picture is before we talked about how to add dialogue and use the checklist, the second is the after picture. We worked on adding all the things on our checklist together.



If you're a teacher, I hope this was helpful/useful! If you're not a teacher, I have some really good cookie recipes on here you should try :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment