Saturday, June 7, 2014

Super Summer Salad Dressing



 I CANNOT wait for summer to be here. So many good things to look forward to - including more time to blog! :) 

I made this salad dressing last weekend and have been meaning to post about it. 

Here are the ingredients

1/3 C. rice vinegar
2/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
a pinch freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder
1 t. honey
1 tsp. chia seeds
1 tsp. sesame seeds
juice from 1/2 an orange

                                                      Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake well. 








The day I made it, I poured it over this salad: 

The ingredients for the salad were these (but you can use whatever you'd like). I also added pan-seared shrimp on top, and more sesame and chia seeds (which are uber-good for you). The shrimp was seared in a little butter, salt, pepper, and a little chili powder. 
 

I also used this dressing on top of my veggie wrap today for lunch. The wrap had homemade hummus, organic cucumbers, organic tomatoes, and organic arugula in it. It was too big to wrap, so I ate it like a giant taco (I looked ridiculous but was still delicious). 
I ALSO made some fresh squeezed organic orange juice today! It only took me maybe 10 minutes (squeezed by hand - old school style) and it was a 10 minutes well spent! 


Please comment below! Thank you for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment