Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Fanciest Tasting Hot Cocoa I've Ever Made

True, you can just buy powdered cocoa/hot chocolate mix, stir with water, and microwave for 60 seconds, and I used to do this all the time, until one day, I tried making my own...

If you are a foodie and/or have taste buds, you will never go back to mix again after trying this recipe.
It's seriously so good. And seriously so easy.



I can't even... so delish. 


This recipe serves 2, and took me about 10 minutes total.

Ingredients:
*2 "mug-fuls" of your favorite milk  - measuring with the mugs you'll be drinking out of, ensures you'll make just the right amount :)
*1/4 cup sugar 
*4-5 heaping teaspoons of cocoa powder (more or less to taste)
*1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips(optional) 
*1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* a pinch of sea salt
*a PINCH of cayenne pepper - seriously, do NOT put too much, or else...

Directions:
Pour the milk into a small pot on the stove. Heat but don't boil. Stir in the remaining ingredients with a wire whisk. Pour into mugs once it is fully mixed and comes to the desired temperature (about 5 minutes). Enjoy!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment