Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumn Soup

Today is the first day of autumn, and since we are now living in the Sunshine State, I wanted to make something that would make it feel a little more "Fall-y" around here. 

I got the idea for this recipe from this blog: http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/carrot-ginger-soup-50400000123351/


Then I tweaked it a bit to turn it into the wonderful autumn soup you see above. Or as the bf called it, "it tastes like fall in my mouth", (a very accurate description I might add). 

Here is my recipe, which is for the crockpot but I'm sure it can be made on the stove as well. 

SLOWCOOKER AUTUMN SOUP
Ingredients: (all of which are approximate since my best cooking is never measured). 
- 1 1/2 lbs. organic carrots
- 1 organic sweet potato, peeled
- 1 10oz. bag organic frozen butternut squash 
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 heaping tsp. minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger 
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. of curry powder 
- a generous dash of nutmeg and black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter 
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water 

Directions
Roughly chop the carrots, potato and onion. Add butter then vegetables to crockpot. Then add spices and stock and water.  Cook on low 8-11 hours. (We have a ridiculously long work day so mine was on almost 12 hours and came out amazing). Blend with an immersion blender stick until smooth. Serve with toast or bread. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment