Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bacon is an addiction I have

BACON. mmm.

Sooooo, I know I just posted an organic juice recipe, but while I was doing that, there was bacon cooking in my oven. (Hey, nobody's perfect). Anyhoo, as I was taking it out of the oven, I realized how the cooking method I started using is so much easier than pan frying, not to mention it's a lot less messy, and the bacon comes out flat and perfectly crisp every time! (The proof is in the pictures).

Here are the steps I take when cooking bacon:
1) Put foil on a cookie sheet.
2) Put a cooling rack on top of the foil. (See photos)
3) Place bacon slices on cooling rack.
4) Place pan in cold oven, on the bottom rack. (no pre-heating!)
5) Turn oven on to 400 degrees F.
6) Set timer for ~20 minutes. (I left mine in for about 23 minutes.)
7)When it looks crisp enough for you, take it out. You can let it cool on a plate if you want, or taste a piece immediately like I did. Fair warning, you might burn your tongue doing this.



This is definitely my preferred method for bacon cooking, and once you try it, I'm sure it will be yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment