Monday, January 6, 2014

Pecan Pie

Did you know most pecan pie recipes call for corn syrup? Ugh. I didn't realize that was still a thing....
Luckily for me, there's the internet (all hail the internet), so I googled "pecan pie recipes with NO corn syrup" and I found one similar to this:

Pecan Pie
Ingredients:
1 unbaked 9″ pie shell
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup pecans (halves)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350℉. 

In a large mixing bowl, mix sugars and flour. Add remaining ingredients, beating very well with a hand mixer. Pour mixture into prepared 9″ pie shell. Sprinkle nuts evenly on top. Bake 40-45 minutes. Cool for at least four hours.

***UPDATE*** 
Made this again for thanksgiving this year so here are some photos!! Enjoy!!



PS - I made this for Thanksgiving AND Christmas Eve because it was such a hit at Thanksgiving! :-)
I hope you try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment